Monday, September 6, 2010

I wished this song….. it would come true

The music in my ears is filled with weeping and with grief
The tune it carries follows with the longing for reprieve
Ever hopeful bulging heart
Contracts with every beat
The heat it carries dwindles off
Burning icy feet
I wish that I was standing there
Winter in my eyes
I wish the summer
Could die off
And I’d be filled with life
I have so many wishes
But no fountain to comprise
A fortune fit
All for the king
Willingly deprived
The poor they know
They know the song
Wishing wells they drink
His magic fades
Memories of days
That he no longer sees
Winter stretches farther
In a world where I am blind
My senses have no use for me
They cast my will aside
For I am just a useless thing
Just wishing for a key
Unlock the beating
Living thing
That has its grasp on me
Enclosed in hand
A chest of sand
It slid all through my teeth
But I’d forever hold it there
If he would just see me.

2 comments: