Sunday, July 18, 2010

In your Palm I will Remain

fire burning fierce
like the tears

of a widowed woman
~
the reason all but changed
vision swayed
yet stayed the same

its crazy
just to think
the veracity
of our link
could compete

with the hopelessness
of a love lost
but just the cost
and the thought of losing you

grief would all consume
no buts, you're not mistaken

our hearts were not misplaced when
the exchange took place
and the look upon your face

made my heart melt in your hands
incorporated bands

are nothing to my flesh
against your flesh
the melded mesh
onto your prints

and now everywhere you went
you left my scent

my lips they say your name
in my sleep
but you remain
you rule my subconscious mind
you stole my time
and I rewind
everything replays the same
we have the perfect score
you're the winner to my game

and if I'm counted as still sane
in your palm I will remain

No comments:

Post a Comment