Monday, July 5, 2010

Study Skills

straining just to hear my thoughts
i wish that i could blame
i wish that my words weren't lost
i wish that they would stay

im straining just to keep control
over what i cannot say
i wish that i could see my words
that you wouldn't go away

but ink it drips
all through the cracks
the letters are all blurred
the light has no distinction
and your voice is all but slurred

i wish i had just one excuse
the reason this is me
the only thing i think of now
is how i came to be

maybe one inspection
and my thoughts would be set free
just a little cut
i'll take just a little peak

into the abyss
the black hole even
of just what i could be

i'll plan it oh so careful
i'll whisper so softly
just i case
there's a mistake
and i bleed more heavily

i'll just write this little note
an walk so quiet to the fridge
i'll paste it with my magnet
my favorite little sin

is to get out of bed at night
while my parents are asleep
a rush runs up my spine
the quieter i creep

i sat down in the bathtub
with the blade in my right hand
just in case i make a mess
cuz my parents couldn't stand

the smallest drop
onto their floor
i just want to take a peak
so then maybe i'd know more

i took every precaution
just in case i locked the door

then tomorrow i'd be ready
for more and even more
then just my fifth grade crct
i could get a perfect score

No comments:

Post a Comment